This project was started in , electronics and control loops. Because I always need a cool project to learn new things, it was clear that something that can fly had to be built.
The project started as a "tricopter-only" project, but as I wanted to build smaller vehicles with more payload capacity, I decided to make some quadrotor, hexacopter and Y6 hexacopter firmwares too. My main interest is to build very small MAVs that fly as good as larger ones (or even better) and that can be controlled by wireless video link. I also experimented with autonomous flight in GPS-denied areas (video), and with GPS assisted autonomous hover (video).
-- William

Contact: Shrediquette @ g m x . d e --- All content published under CC Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 Germany

Some brushed action for the winter

It has been a while since I posted something here. It is not because my project is dead, it is more because I spent my hobby time with flying and not with making new things. The derbe evo is almost perfect and I am very happy with it, so I don't see the need to design a new frame currently. But I am currently rewriting my flightcontroller code in order to achieve a faster control loop frequency. 1000 Hz should be possible on my 8bit ATXmega32A4. I will achieve this by using integers instead of floating point variables, and by removing every unnecessary line of code.


But recently, I bought an Eachine QX90 (always wanted to adapt my own flight controller for a small brushed copter, but there was not enough time...). And it flies great. I however changed it a bit, here is my setup:
  • QX90 original FC (stock firmware, see settings in the pictures below)
  • Standard motors
  • Gemfan 65mm propellers
  • Custom frame (weight: 5.5g, see pictures below)
  • Eachine TX01 cam with dipole antenna
  • Turnigy graphene 1S 600 mAh lipo (see picture)
  • Spektrum satellite receiver (the original FRSky receiver only had 50m range, now I have >500m)
Have a look at these videos for the flight performance:



Some pictures of the frame and the cleanflight settings:








3 comments:

  1. This is my first time i visit here. I found so many entertaining stuff in your blog. Keep up the good work.
    Plastic Flow Meter

    ReplyDelete